Director of Youth and Family Ministries
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries shall provide planning, direction, and support for First Lutheran Church activities related to ministry with children, teenagers, and their families.
All the activities of the Director of Youth and Family Ministries shall be in cooperation with programs, policies, and directives of the Pastor, with elected leaders of the congregation.
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries shall recruit and train teachers and other adult leaders to ensure adequate support of volunteers.
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries shall communicate plans and opportunities for youth and family ministry via announcements in the bulletin, email alerts, newsletter articles, social media posts, telephone calls, or other appropriate media.
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries shall be an active member of the church staff and engaged in the life of the congregation.
The Director of Youth and Family Ministries is responsible for other duties as assigned and reports directly to the Pastor.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with emphasis in theology, youth and family ministry, or education preferred
- Experience in youth and family ministries, preferably in a congregational setting
- Experience and/or training in Christian education
- Ability to lead others and produce more leaders for ministry
- Ability in public speaking
- A team player who has strong communication and conflict resolution skills with all ages
- A passion for the transformative power of the gospel of Jesus Christ
- A life that demonstrates strong personal discipleship
- A desire to care for children and teenagers by caring for the whole family
- A self-starting leader who, in partnership with the Pastor, can develop a vision for discipleship of children, teenagers, and their families
- A creative spirit to explore new ways of doing ministry in a changing world
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time position, a minimum of 40 hours per week, which requires a minimum of 4 hours each Sunday and additional evening, weekend, and holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) hours as needed to complete ministry program requirements. Employment is contingent upon passing a comprehensive background check.
Commensurate with experience and education, set by the budget committee. Annual performance evaluations will be completed by the Pastor during the month of November.
Two weeks of annual vacation including two Sundays is offered. All vacation time must be used in the calendar year, no carry-over allowed.
Reimbursement for work-related miles driven at current IRS rate.
- Five days of Continuing Education time is granted for attending educational opportunities relating to the ministry of youth and families, with funding designated by the church budget
- Medical and Dental Benefits provided through Portico Benefit Services
- Pension provided through Portico Benefit Services
Termination of Employment:
At Will by Employee or Employer.
Submit cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. (By providing references, you give First Lutheran Church call committee members to contact said references.)
Send all requested information to:
Rev. Jeffrey Borgwardt
First Lutheran Church
3901 Bill Owens Parkway
Longview, Texas 75605